Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kitchen Tour

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "It's kitchen tour time!" So, without further ado, let's begin our tour...

Here's looking into the kitchen from the dining room.

Fridge. (Note the step-stool leaned against it, for short people like me. And the red plastic cup and piece of cardboard, that's our bug-catcher so we can move insects outside.)

My plants on top of the microwave on top of the dishwasher (which more often serves as a drying rack since I prefer to hand-wash dishes). Bread machine next to microwave. Pretty flower arrangement from Alena (I keep it there because Buttons would knock it down if it were on the table).

Cabinets, counter space, toaster, compost container, utensils, Zach's coffee area, sink.

Oven, which had the heating element replaced after it blew out, complete with sparks, while it was preheating. That was a scare, lol.

Little cupboard with teas, spices, etc.. :)

Behind the door.

Trash, recyclables, back door, cute little seat.

Breakfast nook. (That's Buttons' food area on the floor; Leela prefers to eat upstairs.) In the corner is a spider plant from Zach's granddad.

Shelf (ignore anything non-vegan; it's either Zach's or the cats', lol).

Freezer & fridge.

Dorky pic of me when I was little; my mom put it on the fridge and told me I should keep it up, lol.

My mom also mails me comic strips; this one she noted as being Buttons.

Favorite. :)

And of course, a pic of Mystery.

Inside low cabinets.

Up top (I can't reach the highest shelves without a step-ladder, so they are mostly empty, lol).

Cabinet above coffee area.

Me, happy in my kitchen. :)

Zach, a cute grump who has not yet had his coffee.

Buttons decided to get in on the action, too.



Double bonus... here are pics of past kitchens...


Our last kitchen was super small...

Before that, we had an OK kitchen; I loved the cupboard in the back.

Before that, our kitchen was nice but could get a bit cramped; the view outside was lovely, though.

But our first kitchen will probably always be my favorite. It was big and obnoxiously bright; it had beautiful old windows and an island; it served as a kitchen, living room, and workspace; and it was my first kitchen as a vegan, my first kitchen in my first apartment, the first kitchen I did MoFo in (2010). Lots of happy memories. :)


And of course, what would a Vegan MoFo post be without food?! So, here was my quick lunch before I went to visit the shelter kitties... 




And here was my easy dinner of leftovers I had when I got back...



Last but not least, here are three Leela pics to end today's post... 





Peace. :)

20 comments:

  1. Wow, your kitchen is huge! I love the breakfast nook, I'd like to get a corner bench for my kitchen. They look so cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie! The previous residents left the breakfast nook behind, so we were thrilled! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute kitchen! LOVE all the floor space! Cat photos are always a PLUS..awwww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! They sure enjoy posing for the camera, haha! :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely well organised kitchen. I love that you have a specific big catcher cup! We just grab random ones, we get lots of spiders. I don't mind them too much but my partner always wants them taking outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; this prompt was definitely a good excuse to tidy up, haha! :D Yeah, we take out the bugs to save them from the kitties who would much rather "play" with them.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty kitchen...I love the blue colors and the breakfast nook looks like a pleasant place to eat. I'm short too..sigh...

    Great cartoons and cute, cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! The blue makes me so happy; it's my favorite color! Every now and then I have to swap out cartoons because I run out of magnets, haha! :D

      Delete
  5. Your kitchen looks so great! And Buttons are Leela are super cute. Sometimes I wish I had a little breakfast nook too. We used to have a table in the kitchen when I was little and I have fond memories of the meals we had there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! Kitchen memories are some of the best for sure! :) (And a special thanks for linking to my post in your daily links; I tried to comment on your post the other day, but for some reason my comments on Wordpress blogs aren't going through anymore. Also I love the bright yellow of your kitchen; it makes the room so lively!)

      Delete
    2. Oh no, sorry about that! I just rescued two of your comments from my spam folder. No idea why they ended up there. :(

      Delete
  6. It looks so big!
    I love that you have a bug catcher at the ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It definitely comes in handy, haha! :D

      Delete
  7. I am in LOVE with your kitchen! It has all that space and looks so nice, but it's the breakfast nook that did it for me! I would love to have one of those. Your old kitchens look kind of like mine. I love your first kitchen too. My dream is to have a kitchen with an island some day :) Thanks for sharing so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill; I'm glad you enjoyed the tour! Breakfast nooks & islands are both so nice! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm pretty sure I saw the ear of a howling wolf on your fridge too! You kitchen is big but when you compared it to your old kitchens, it's absolutely palatial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye, Lysette -- I have two wolf magnets on my fridge; I should have gotten a better picture of them, haha! :D (And my comment wouldn't go through on your kitchen post the other day either, but I loved all your wolf decorations & how Luka managed to get into so many of the photos!)

      Delete
  9. Aw, Leela looks tiny in these! Dude, your kitchen is HUMUNGOUS. I skipped the prompt because my kitchen is crazy small and unimpressive :/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah; it's so nice to have a kitchen I can really move around in! :)

      Delete